AGandyGirl

Try
Ella Frank
Progress: 33 %

Secret

Secret - Kindle Alexander Well I waffled a bit on the rating of this as I read it…starting closer to 4.5…dipping to 3.5 for a bit but landing at a solid 4 for me. The two MC’s (in which we get both POV’s) were great and their bond and connection to each other was very well done. There really is no “secret” per se…only Dylan’s wife knows that he is gay. Their arrangement was quite interesting and a new twist, no doubt…and nothing that I considered as “cheating” at all…so that was good! My heart though does hurt at the way these parents have decided to live their lives…but I think it makes Dylan’s journey all the more amazing. The sex was hot, the MC’s likable, no angst, a HEA. Fantastic kids, just an unconventional family living a life that works for them.

I very much enjoyed the interaction between Tristan and Dylan’s wife as well as the scene with Dylan’s kids. And my lord…another favorite scene included one of the funniest Uber drivers I have encountered…this guy was hilarious.

Overall the book has a great pace to it, while technically some instalove happening between our characters, it developed nicely. Only one bump IMO and that was when the word “threesome” appeared on my screen. Can I vomit now?? But my fellow buddyreader Elsbeth, assured me all would be fine. While the threesome was initiated…a possessiveness took over our two MC’s and the third was quickly asked to leave…thank god they realized that these erections were not for him!!! Halleluiah!! So really it’s this idea of a threesome and some quite repetitive passages and internal thoughts that brought this down some for me.

Overall, a recommended read.

A lovely BR with Elsbeth and Momo

So yeah...I'm intrigued already...

Well that is something...hmmmm. I think my response could be any of these 4 faces. :)

22%

"Drink up, have a good time. Besides, I owe this to you. It does my heart good to know you’re gay and you trust me enough to tell me. And so you know, every guy in this room wants to know who you are. They’re still staring. As for me? Straight guys and deeply closeted guys aren’t normally my thing, but you… Yeah, you’re sexy as hell. And now I’m glad I pushed, because I get to be here tonight with the hottest man in the room.”

34%

“Can you all give me a few minutes alone with Mr. Reeves?”
He could feel every eye turned his way. Dylan was slower to respond. He’d been reading from the contract and lifted his head, business clearly on his mind. But the minute their gazes met, Tristan got why Dylan had avoided eye contact. His gaze held a mixture of both heat and need. Sparks flew between the two of them and Tristan smiled.

42%

Once again, I will finish days after the rest of my buddy readers...but alas...this one I want to savor. :P

44%

Again, the thoughts resurfaced that three was probably too many for him. He didn’t see this turning out well at all. Forcing his mind to change focus, he decided he should consider tonight a rite of passage. Something he needed to experience to know for sure, so he followed Tristan through the house, walking a little faster to keep from being molested by Julian who trailed behind him.
Uuuuhhhh

66%

Everything changed in that moment. This whole thing, from the wine to the flowers to the expensive clothing, had Dylan looking at Tristan in a new light for the first time since they’d met. He’d gone to a tremendous amount of trouble to put this dinner together. This was pure romance, just for him. The playing field changed right then.

74%

He had never slept with anyone curled so completely around him, yet he found he never wanted Dylan to leave this spot. Dylan was made to lie with him exactly like this. Something told him he’d found his other half and he needed to hang on at all cost. Tristan dragged Dylan in closer, if that were even possible, and closed his eyes, relishing the moment before drifting off, sleeping better than he had in weeks.

95%

“Thank you for loving me.”