A Gandy Girl

The Bridge of Silver Wings
John Wiltshire
Progress: 15 %
Conscious Decisions of the Heart (More Heat Than The Sun Book 2)
John Wiltshire
Progress: 3 %
Broken Pieces
Riley Hart
Progress: 35 %

The Island

The Island - Lisa Henry **4.5 Stars**

So I was a little scared going into this one. I had read a few reviews long ago but honestly forgot any and all details other than it might be pushing some limits for me. But, regardless, it is one that I have long owned and longed to read. And I am glad I waited. Like Nowhere Ranch, I really believe this is a book that needs to come at the right time, especially for me. A book which centers around the torture and rape **Julie’s NONO Alert!** of a prisoner who is kept confined on a secluded island is definitely not one that I should read…and yet I did and I loved every moment. Difficult yes at times but it is the way in which Lisa brings you into the mind of our dear Lee that left me totally captivated. Shaw, while dangerous himself, is nurturing and kind and the first person in eight weeks to “see” Lee as a person and not a thing.

“I just want to know, I guess. I want to know if the one person who looked me in the eye when I was at my worst could still do it now.”

Shaw sought out his hand under the sheet, and held it. He rubbed his thumb back and forth over the boy’s palm, back and forth, back and forth until the boy slipped into sleep.

And yes, believe it or not, but ole cry baby here never shed a tear. Not sure why exactly except that I knew these two would come together, that they were on this horrendous journey and that because of it they found each other.

It was just the two of them, their fingers entwined. Just the two of them and the Pacific and the stars.
Stay with me, Lee.

Simply beautiful. My only complaint would have been a little more time with the two of them during the latter part of the book. They are breathtaking together.

*highly recommended*

Status Updates:

Shaw sensed his gaze—he felt it sliding over his skin like a touch—and didn’t comment on it. Nothing like the narrow, heated scrutiny of a predator to sharpen the senses.
So intrigued.

Remember him, even if he didn’t leave a scar. Remember him because he didn’t leave a scar. This is important.
Gaah...that chapter was amazing.

I know I am in for a big punch in the gut and heartbreak but damn this is so great.

Maybe some of it was gratitude, but most of it was because Shaw had looked him in the eye. The thrill Lee had felt as he’d gone down onto his knees had made him breathless. His body might have been his only currency on the island, but this was the first time since his capture that he had used it entirely on his own terms. Not bargaining, not begging, and not calculating.

Sometimes he wanted the drug-fucked Lee, dazed and compliant, but sometimes he wanted to see real fear. When he was drugged, Lee whimpered from the pain but didn’t understand its cause. When he was lucid, he screamed and begged when he saw it coming, his eyes rolling in his head and every muscle straining, and that made Vornis laugh.
One sick fuck.

Whatever happens tonight, your soul’s unbreakable.
Oh Lee.

Vornis had ruined sex and relationships for him forever. He’d managed to destroy Lee’s life without killing him. He was probably smiling in hell.