A Gandy Girl

The Bridge of Silver Wings
John Wiltshire
Progress: 15 %
Conscious Decisions of the Heart (More Heat Than The Sun Book 2)
John Wiltshire
Progress: 55 %
Broken Pieces
Riley Hart
Progress: 70 %
Indra Vaughn, Leta Blake

Altered - Jennifer Rush Notes: no spoilers...but this is a combined review of Altered, Forged (.5) and Erased...

Bourne Anyone??

This book had me constantly thinking of Operation Treadstone, Blackbriar and Outcome. For most this could be a turnoff...for me, I am a lover of these movies (and as my status updates indicated, those badasses of the series) so the Altered ride for me has been an awesome one thus far. So much so that I could just rewind it and start it all over again, absorbing the hidden clues I may have missed in my 3 day binge reading these.

I would recommend reading the novella (Forged) second. This is a short prequel but really makes you question the motives of several characters in Erased.

Aside from "my boys", we have our own female operative, Anna, and she is equally impressive. My only complaint on this character would be that at times she could be too trusting of those around her, but in their world, where life is a constant mixture of flashbacks, lies, planted memories and dreams, they struggled to understand what is real and who is real, for that matter.

There is still much to uncover and I could over analyze the timing of how certain events were even possible 5 years ago or how some events transpired so perfectly, but that is kinda like over analyzing the end of "Ocean's Eleven"...some things are just more fun if you choose not to.

I love love love that Nick. His character for me was the most interesting and really most developed of the series thus far...and his discovery of his past was even heartbreaking at times. The relationships between Trev, Cas, Nick, Sam and Anna are fantastically written and ultimately their tie to each other is just fascinating.

I will eagerly await the continuation and hope for a few other novellas to fill some other blanks. Until then, I will have to keep this one close at hand for those lazy Saturdays.