A Gandy Girl

The Bridge of Silver Wings
John Wiltshire
Progress: 15 %
Conscious Decisions of the Heart (More Heat Than The Sun Book 2)
John Wiltshire
Progress: 55 %
Broken Pieces
Riley Hart
Progress: 88 %
Indra Vaughn, Leta Blake
Progress: 6 %

The Imperfection of Swans

The Imperfection of Swans - Brandon Witt Perfection: the act of making something perfect or better.

Perfect: conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type; entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings.

I have to honest, I have started to tear up just reading these definitions...and yes I know I am a big cry baby where some of these books are concerned but this is just heartbreaking. For anyone to believe or think that it is possible to be perfect, to be without flaws and to not believe that each one of us is made up of our own shortcomings and defects just breaks me.

Kevin is that person. A person who struggles with perfection, with beauty and hides behind a mask that he creates for those around him. And it is not until Casper enters his life that someone sees behind this mask to the true Kevin and what Casper sees is not only beautiful but someone he longs to be with. It is Casper who will ultimately "bring peace" to Kevin's world.

"I know I shouldn’t say this so soon, but whatever. You don’t have to be perfect for us to be great together. In fact, I hope you’re not, because I sure can’t be."

Everyone needs a Casper.

This is a slow build love that grows between two amazing characters. Characters with dreams. Characters with fears and asperations and two who fate has brought together on this journey.

Honestly, it is the entirety of Chapter 30 that for me makes this a 5 star read. I just have no words for this amazing piece of work. It will forever live in my heart and soul.

Just an absolutely beautiful book full of what I feel are real life situations, issues, discussions and dreams and Brandon Witt has done so amazingly well. I cannot recommend this enough.

And no this is not the review I wanted to write. I find myself struggling at times with books that touch me so deeply. No words can ever do the book justice. Just read it.

Status Updates:

Phew...what a family dynamic.

By the time everyone was seated, Casper was placed beside Kevin and his aunts and moms. He wasn’t sure he’d ever been touched so much in his life. The hugs, handshakes, back smacks, upper arm squeezes—his body had a tingling, numb sensation. It seemed that if you bought a building with the Bivantis, you became a member of the family.

Oh Kevin.

“He doesn’t bring you peace.”
I love his Moms.

Just so upsetting. Gaah.

“I don’t like these,” she repeated, and dropped some shiny objects into his hand. As soon as she did, she shuffled around and headed back from where she’d come.
Casper peered at his hand. Four pennies.
Gaaaah this book might break me.

From the corner of his eye, Casper saw a Clark Kent clone flirting with Kevin. Of course Kevin would get a near Superman, and Casper would end up with Bluto from Popeye.
I love this book. ❤️❤️

Oh. My. God. Scott...

I can't even right now.

“Oh, ladies! Please just wait outside….” Her voice trailed off, and she looked at Kevin’s reflection in the mirror once more. Casper could actually see some switch in her flip. She lifted her chin as she turned back to the ladies. “If you’ll give me a few minutes with this client, I need to get him a handbag, and I’ll be right with you.”

“They’re more along the lines of follow the rest of society. Marry your high school sweetheart, have kids, work your job for forty years, have grandkids, throw a retirement party. You know, the new American dream.”
Kevin shuddered. “Dear God. Thank goodness I was raised by lesbians!”

God he hated her.

Chapter 30 is beautiful but just heartbreaking.

“You’re starting to make me nervous.”
She raised her hand. “Oh, goodness, I don’t mean to do that. I’m just saying you and I are partnered with people who are a lot more forceful than we are, but that doesn’t make us less powerful or important. We balance them. They balance us. Which is the point of any relationship. All I am saying is, stay Casper. Always. After all, Casper is who Kevin fell in love with. You’ll both be happier if you make sure Casper stays around."
I love Noelle. ❤️❤️❤️