AGandyGirl

Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban
Flag Counter

Until I Fade: A Kol Anderson Anthology

Until I Fade: A Kol Anderson Anthology - Kol Anderson

It dawned on me about halfway through this that I had read another book by this author that did not go well AT ALL.  Happy to say this was much better overall.  But man was this everything the warnings indicate and more.  This was utterly disturbing but I found myself unable to put this down.

There are 4 stories in this anthology as follows:

Don't be Afraid of the Dark - 3 Stars

This one has some pretty sadistic torture with a vampire plot.  For much of the story I was left scratching my head how the story would merge but I loved when it did. I did think the story overall ended way too quickly and I wanted another turning and vampire bonding to close this one out.

Slave - 2 Stars

Phew...this was was sadistic and full of some pretty awful torture.  Again, it ended abruptly.

Sin - 4 Stars

This one is easily the most disturbing of the 4.  Good lord this poor kid was self destructive and so abused.  Note that this one includes rape, incest and some pretty heavy drug use. But overall I felt this one was the best of the 4 and had the most character development and craziest ending.

Fugue - 2.5 Stars

This was was just weird and yet written in a way that leaves you wondering what was real and what was not.  Not a lot of torture in this one but more possible alien abduction.

Overall, these are written better than the book I had previously read by this author and overall I was pulled in and unable to set this down.  Note that while this is full of non-con sexual situations there is no detailed sex in these stories.  Overall everything is implied and handled without getting into the specific acts themselves which helped me a lot.

Overall a 3 Star read for the book, with stories ranging from 2-4 Stars.